Consider the following scenario:
- You configure a Region and Language locale other than English (United States) on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- You install Office 2013 on the computer.
- You try to use Office 2013 to open multiple documents from a document library in Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
The document could not be opened for editing. A Microsoft SharePoint Foundation compatible application could not be found to edit the document.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Set the language locale on the computer to English (United States).
- Use Windows Explorer view to open the documents from the document library.
Article ID: 2823322 - Last Review: Aug 7, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013, Microsoft Office Professional 2013, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, Microsoft Office Standard 2013