The primary purpose of browser mode feature in Internet Explorer is for the web developers to test the website. This also become a feature for the end users when they visit the website that yet to support the new Internet Explorer. Somehow you might encounter the destructed web layout like the few below.
- For the first picture, you see the content only at the center and the left and right side are empty.
- For the second picture, the layout is off and the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) effect is gone.
- For the third picture, you can see inside all the four columns are empty.
Following the below steps to rectify this problem.
- Press [F12] on the Internet Explorer.
You will see the developer tools.
- Click on the [Browser Mode IE10].
You are able to see all the previous version of Internet Explorer such as, IE9, IE8 and IE7.
- Choose [Internet Explorer 8].
The screen will then reload.
- Select the [Internet Explorer 10] in Browser Mode if you no longer viewing website using Internet Explorer 8 mode.
Close all the browsers and reopen it will automatically reset to Internet Explorer 10 mode.
- For the first picture, now the layout back to normal.
- For the second picture, the CSS is working and the layout looks normal too.
- For the third picture, you can see all the contents in the four individual box.
Community Solutions Content DisclaimerMICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
Article ID: 2823575 - Last Review: Sep 25, 2013 - Revision: 1
Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 10 Release Candidate Developer, Internet Explorer 10 Release Candidate Developer, Internet Explorer 10 Release Candidate Developer, Internet Explorer 10 Release Candidate Developer, Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview, Windows 8, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Enterprise N, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro N