Consider the following scenario:
- Windows 8 is installed on a tablet with a rear facing camera
- The rear facing camera is selected as the input camera in the Camera app
- The "Video stabilization" feature is available and enabled under "Camera options"
- The screen orientation is rotated from the default landscape view
- The Camera app is configured in "Normal" mode or "Video" mode
Microsoft is currently investigating the issue.
The artifacts have no impact on the captured image and are only displayed while viewing the subject within the Camera app. The artifacts can be safely ignored as they do not impact the quality of the captured image.