Configuring the mirrorNote that the Mirror must be configured on a Linux machine with SCEP for Linux installed.
1. Complete the steps below using an account with root privileges:
- Edit the scep.cfg file located in /etc/opt/microsoft/scep.
- Under the [global] tag, add below line:
- Scroll down until you see the [fac] section and paste in the lines below. The text in Italic must be replaced according to your environment.
# Settings for Mirror http daemon
# agent_enabled = yes/no
# Enables operation of the mirror http daemon.
agent_enabled = yes
# listen_addr = "address"
# Address (IP or name) where agent listens for client connections. Empty means on all available interfaces.
listen_addr = ""
# listen_port = port
# TCP port where agent listens for client connections.
# You may have to open this port in your firewall.
listen_port = 2221
# timeout_client = time
# Timeout for client part of the communication.
timeout_client = 30
# auth_mode = "none"/"basic"
# Mirror access authentication mode.
auth_mode = "none"
# username and password needed for accessing the interface (necessary only if auth_mode="basic").
#username = ""
#password = ""
2. Save the scep.cfg with the above changes.
3. Restart the scep service with the below command:
service scep restart
4. Update the definitions
5. When the definitions are updated successfully, verify that the below folder contains nup files:
If you can access the below URL, your Mirror is setup correctly:
Configuring the clients1. Edit the scep.cfg located in /etc/opt/microsoft/scep. Scroll down to the Update Options and paste below lines, replace the Italic text according to your Mirror Server.
# av_update_server = "server"
# Server used to update anti-virus modules,
# empty string means - autoselect.
av_update_server = "http://mirrorserver.contoso.com:2221"
# if the authentication setting of the Mirror is set to basic, uncomment the av_update_username and av_update_password and enter the appropriate credentials
# av_update_username = "username"
# Username used in authentication against av_update_server.
#av_update_username = ""
# av_update_password = "password"
# Password used in authentication against av_update_server.
#av_update_password = ""
2. Restart the scep service with the below command:
service scep restart
Update the definitions.
Article ID: 2827654 - Last Review: Nov 9, 2016 - Revision: 1