Microsoft recommends that you install this update rollup to benefit from the fixes and new features that it provides. However, you are not automatically offered Update Rollup 2781267 from Windows Update if you follow the steps that are provided in the following Microsoft TechNet topic:
- Review the update rollup release notes to make sure that you plan to install the Update Rollup 2781267. To do this, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2781267 Update Rollup 1 for Windows Server 2012 Essentials is available
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- In the Search field, type 2781267, and then press Enter.
- On the search results page, click Add to add the update to your basket.
- Click view basket.
- Click Download.
- In the Download Options window, click Browse to select the local folder to which you want to store the installation file. Then click Continue.
Note The Download Options window changes to Download Progress. You can now close this window without affecting the download.
- After the download is complete, open the folder to which you downloaded the installer file.
- Right-click the .msu installer file, and then click to run the installer as an administrator.
Note After the installation is complete, you are prompted to restart the server.
Article ID: 2828232 - Last Review: Mar 18, 2013 - Revision: 1