If you query the MSFT_FSRMSettings WMI class under root\Microsoft\Windows\FSRM while having the described error reported, you may then receive the following WMI error:
If you notice this is a reoccurring issue, there are 2 actions needed:
- Verify and investigate the Windows Management Instrumentation Service is restart issue to solve the behavior.
- Add a dependency for the FSRM Service in the registry, so that it gets restarted when the WMI service is restarted. To add the dependency in the registry, follow the steps:
- On the Start screen, click the Search tile.
- Type regedit in the Search window and then double-click regedit.exe
- Locate the following registry entry:
- From the right-side pane, right-click DependOnService, and then click Modify
- Add WINMGMT to the Multi-String Value
- Click on OK and then exit the registry editor
- Reboot the computer.
If you are running SCCM 2012, ensure that you are not running in the behavior described in the following article:
Article ID: 2831687 - Last Review: Mar 26, 2013 - Revision: 1