Consider the following scenario:
- You try to configure Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) tools in a multi-node Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 environment.
Note The instances of Microsoft SQL Server and BizTalk Server are installed on different computers.
- You open BizTalk Server Configuration, and then you perform the following actions:
- You select Custom configuration, type the database server name, and then you click Configure.
- You select the Group tab and then type the database server names in all fields.
- You select the BAM Tools tab and then type the database server names in all fields.
- You click Apply Configuration.
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
To resolve the issue, apply the fix that is introduced in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
2830546 FIX: The vertical scroll bar on the target schema does not work correctly when you use Visual Studio to design a BizTalk Server 2013 mapNote KB 2830546 includes the fixes from KB articles 2830546, 2832136 and 2832137 .
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To work around this issue, enable BAM alerts before you apply the configuration.
For information about the service packs and cumulative update list for BizTalk Server, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2555976 Service pack and cumulative update list for BizTalk ServerFor more information about BizTalk Server hotfixes, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2003907 Information about BizTalk hotfixes and Service Pack support