The RPC over HTTP requests in Exchange Server 2010 SP3 rely on the ASP.NET runtime to process the requests. However, the default limit of ASP.NET requests is 25,000.
Note In versions of Exchange Server earlier than Exchange Server 2010 SP3, RPC over HTTP requests do not rely on the ASP.NET runtime, and they are not affected by the request limit.
- On the computer that is running the Client Access server role, locate the following file: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\Machine.config
- Open the Machine.config file.
- In the <system.web> section, locate the following line: <processModel requestQueueLimit="25000" autoConfig="true" />
- Change the value of requestQueueLimit property to 65535.
- ASP.NET Apps v2.0.50727\_LM_W3SVC_x_ROOT_RPC\Requests Executing
- RPC/HTTP Proxy\Current Number of Incoming RPC over HTTP Connections
2013-03-21 23:06:15 10.0.0.1 RPC_IN_DATA /rpc/rpcproxy.dll cas.contoso.com:6001 443 CONTOSO\user 10.0.0.10 MSRPC 503 3 0 46
Article ID: 2832198 - Last Review: May 28, 2013 - Revision: 1