- You use Internet Explorer 10 on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- You set Internet Explorer 10 as the default program to open webpages.
- You run an application that uses the LaunchFileAsync method on the computer, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
- You try to open an .html, .xml, or .gif file from inside the application.
Security update informationTo resolve this issue, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
- This update was first included in the following security update:2817183 MS13-028: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: April 9, 2013
- For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer, go to the following Microsoft websites:
Article ID: 2833082 - Last Review: Feb 25, 2015 - Revision: 1