- You have a Windows Embedded Compact 7-based run-time image that supports the Internet Connection Sharing feature.
- You specify a network adapter as a private interface (private network adapter), and then specify another network adapter as a public interface (public network adapter). The two interfaces are under the following registry key:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnectionSharing]
- You run the image on the device.
- You connect the public network adapter to a public network, and then connect the private network adapter to a private network.
- You try to visit the public network from an Internet Connection Sharing client from the private network.
Note Whether this issue occurs depends on the binding order of the two adapters. This issue occurs when the public adapter is first to obtain an IP address before the private adapter can do so.
Software update information
Download informationThe Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update (June 2013) is now available from Microsoft. To download this Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previous updates for this product are installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Article ID: 2835268 - Last Review: Jul 10, 2013 - Revision: 1