- You install the Remote Desktop Session Host role service on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2.
- You publish a RemoteApp application on the computer. For example, you configure Notepad.exe as the RemoteApp application.
- On a Windows 7-based or Windows 8-based client, you set the screen resolution to 1366 x 768.
- You start the RemoteApp application from the client.
- You maximize the RemoteApp application when it is started.
In this scenario, the taskbar is hidden because the RemoteApp application window consumes the whole desktop instead of the actual work area.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.