This article describes the cumulative update for Microsoft Lync Server 2013, Conferencing Server that is dated July 2013. The version number of this update is 5.0.8308.420.
The cumulative update improves the reliability, stability, and performance of Lync Server 2013, Conferencing Server.
Microsoft Download CenterTo install the cumulative update for Lync Server 2013, Conferencing Server, use one of the following methods.
Method 1 Cumulative Server Update InstallerThe Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps.
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Download the update package now.
- Run Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the UI or by using a command line.
Note The UI provides a clear indication of which updates are installed when you click Install Updates.
To run the Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNotes The following text describes parameters that you can use together with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode switch applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcerebootswitch applies all applicable updates in the background, and then automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if this is necessary.
- The /extractall switch extracts the updates from the installer and saves the updates in a subfolder that is named "Extracted" in the folder in which you ran the command.
The update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Method 2 Microsoft Update
Note After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back end servers. For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following cumulative update:
2781551 Description of the cumulative update 5.0.8308.291 for Lync Server 2013, Conferencing Server: February 2013
Update package installation informationTo apply this cumulative update, install the OcsMcu.msp package on computers that are running one of the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition - Front End Server
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs tool in the Control Panel.
Note After you uninstall this cumulative update, the following services may be disabled:
- The Lync Server Application Sharing service
- The Lync Server Audio/Video Conferencing service
- Click Start, click Run, type Services.msc, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click the name of the service that you want to change.
- In the Startup type box, select Automatic, and then click Apply.
- Click Start, and then click OK.
When you try to uninstall the cumulative update, you may be prompted for the source CD. If you are prompted for the source CD, insert it. Or, provide the path where the source files can be found.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Lync Server 2013, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2835434 - Last Review: Sep 27, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Lync Server 2013