To install Office 2000 with Terminal Services by using the command line:
- Obtain and install the Office Resource Kit.
- At a command prompt, type:
change user /install
- Install the Terminal Server Tools from the Office Resource Kit.
- To install the appropriate Office components with the transform file, at the command prompt, type:
office 2000 path\setup transforms="office resource kit path\termsrvr.mst"
- If you manually switched to Install mode, switch back to Execute mode after the installation. To do this, at the command prompt, type:
change user /execute
For clarification, note the following example. Install the Office Resource Kit to its default location on the C drive, and then insert the Office 2000 CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive. At the command prompt, type:
D:\Setup.exe TRANSFORMS="C:\Program Files\ORKTools\ToolBox\Tools\Terminal Server Tools\TermSrvr.MST"
Certain features of Office 2000 are purposely disabled during this transform installation. Only the still agent is available and you cannot select a different agent. Because only an administrator can install Office 2000, Demand install and Detect, and repair components are not supported in Terminal Services.