If you try to install Microsoft Office 2000 on Terminal Server on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, you receive the following error message:
Some default settings in Microsoft Office 2000 setup do not work properly on a Windows Terminal Server. To install Office on Terminal Server you must use the instructions and tools available in your Office 2000 Resource Kit or at http://www.microsoft.com/Office/ORK
To work around this behavior, first install the Terminal Server Tools transform file from the Microsoft Office Resource Kit, and then install Microsoft Office 2000 by using the transform file.
To install Office 2000 with Terminal Services by using the command line:
- Obtain and install the Office Resource Kit.
- At a command prompt, type:change user /install
- Install the Terminal Server Tools from the Office Resource Kit.
- To install the appropriate Office components with the transform file, at the command prompt, type:office 2000 path\setup transforms="office resource kit path\termsrvr.mst"
- If you manually switched to Install mode, switch back to Execute mode after the installation. To do this, at the command prompt, type:change user /execute
D:\Setup.exe TRANSFORMS="C:\Program Files\ORKTools\ToolBox\Tools\Terminal Server Tools\TermSrvr.MST"Certain features of Office 2000 are purposely disabled during this transform installation. Only the still agent is available and you cannot select a different agent. Because only an administrator can install Office 2000, Demand install and Detect, and repair components are not supported in Terminal Services.