You can use the Alternate Configuration functionality if you use a mobile computer at your office and at your home. When you are in the office, the computer uses a DHCP-allocated TCP/IP configuration. When you are at home (where you do not have access to a DHCP server), the computer automatically uses the alternative configuration.
Using the Alternate Configuration featureTo use the Alternate Configuration feature:
- On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet Connections.
- Click Network Connections.
- Right-click the local area network (LAN) or high-speed Internet connection that you want to configure and click Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.
- Click the Alternate Configuration tab.
Article ID: 283676 - Last Review: Oct 22, 2008 - Revision: 1