How to obtain this updateMicrosoft Download Center
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 installed, and you must have Windows Installer 3.1 or a later version installed on the computer.
Restart requirementYou have to restart the computer after you apply this update if any affected files are being used. We recommend that you close all .NET Framework-based applications before you apply this update.
Command-line switches for this updateFor more information about the various command-line switches that are supported by this update, visit the following MSDN website:
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to uninstall this updateTo remove this update, use the Add or Remove Programs item or the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
Issues that this update resolves
Issue 1Consider the following scenario:
- You use a browser which can’t be recognized by ASP.NET, such as Amazon Kindle Fire 2 or Internet Explorer 11, to access an ASP.NET-based webpage.
- You trigger a postback event on that webpage.
Issue 2Consider the following scenario:
- An ASP.NET website renders different content based on the user browser.
- A user uses Internet Explorer 11 to visit this ASP.NET website.
Issue 3Consider the following scenario:
- An ASP.NET page contains an update panel, and inside it there is an ImageButton. If user clicks ImageButton, it will trigger a partial postback event and the server side click event.
- A user uses Internet Explorer 10 or a later version to access this ASP.NET page, and then clicks the Imagebutton.
Issue 4Consider the following scenario:
- There is an ASP.NET page that contains a menu control.
- A user uses Internet Explorer 11 to access that page, and presses Tab to switch the focus between the menu control and other controls.
<add key="aspnet:UseLegacyBrowserCaps" value="true" />