This article describes the cumulative update for Microsoft Lync Server 2013, Administrative Tools that is dated July 2013. The version number of this update is 5.0.8308.420.
The cumulative update improves the reliability, stability, and performance of Lync Server 2013, Administrative Tools.
Microsoft Download CenterTo install the cumulative update for Lync Server 2013, Administrative Tools, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Cumulative Server Update InstallerThe Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps.
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Download the update package now.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the user interface (UI) or by using a command line.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI indicates which updates are installed.
To run the Cumulative Server Update Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNotes The following text describes parameters that you can use together with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode switch applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcerebootswitch applies all applicable updates in the background. Additionally, the switch automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if this is necessary.
- The /extractall switch extracts the updates from the installer and saves the updates in a subfolder that is named "Extracted." The subfolder is in the folder in which you ran the command.
The update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Method 2: Microsoft Update
Note After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. For more information about how to do this, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update package installation informationTo apply this cumulative update, run AdminTools.msp on computers that are running the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition - Front End Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Edge Server
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs tool in the Control Panel.
When you install the update, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found if you are prompted to do this.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Lync Server 2013, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: