This update provides the latest fixes for PowerPoint 2013. It also includes stability and performance improvements.
Download and install the updateYou can use Windows Update to download and install the update (recommended).
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Microsoft Update.
This update is also available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Download update 2837627 for 32-bit version of PowerPoint 2013
- Download update 2837627 for 64-bit version of PowerPoint 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Issues that this update fixes
- When you use the Slide.Export method to export a slide as an image file, the output image may look blurry.
BUG #: 3402376 (Office15)
- When you try to export a certain presentation as a video file by using the Create a Video feature in PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint may run out of memory, and then the export will fail.
BUG #: 3410527 (Office15)
- When you try to save a read-only presentation that contains some images in PowerPoint 2013, the save fails. When you then try to save the presentation as a new presentation, some images may be lost in the saved presentation.
BUG #: 3411894 (Office15)
- When you use the Slides.InsertFromFile method to insert slides from a presentation, the file path of the presentation appears in the Most Recently Used (MRU) list unexpectedly.
BUG #: 3415196 (Office15)
- You cannot insert or play YouTube videos in PowerPoint 2013.
BUG #: 3418001 (Office15)
- When you use Microsoft Narrator and you open a Word document that contains many images in Word 2013, Word may stop responding. Then, you may be prompted to download the images. When it starts to download images, Word may stop responding again.
Similarly, when you use Narrator and you open an email message or preview a Word document attachment that contains many images in Outlook 2013, Outlook may stop responding. Then, you may be prompted to download the images. When it starts to download images, Outlook may stop responding again.
BUG #: 3418367 (Office15)
- When you use the Object.Copy method to insert an object in a presentation in PowerPoint 2013, the inserted object becomes the active selected object unexpectedly.
BUG #: 3420757 (Office15)
- Assume that you add a SharePoint document library as a places bar location by adding a registry entry under the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\open find\adminaddedplacesIn this situation, the places bar location may disappear unexpectedly.
BUG #: 3418591 (Office15)
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all Versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2837627 - Last Review: Apr 18, 2014 - Revision: 1