This update provides the latest fixes for SharePoint Server 2013. It also includes stability and performance improvements.
Download and install the updateYou can use Windows Update to download and install the update (recommended).
This update is also available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Issues that this update fixes
- When you open many slides that contain images in PowerPoint Web App, PowerPoint Web App may display red X placeholders instead of the images. Additionally, you may experience data loss when you save the presentation.
BUG #: 3420630 (Office15)
- Assume that you co-author a presentation with other users at the same time. When both users make changes to the same image, and then you save the presentation, you may find a duplicate image, or the presentation may be corrupted which causes the save operation to fail. Additionally, you may receive an error message that resembles the following: Microsoft Office cannot open this file because some parts are missing or invalid.
BUG #: 3423003 (Office15)
- You cannot play YouTube videos in PowerPoint Web App.
BUG #: 3427486 (Office15)
- Assume that you open a PowerPoint presentation that is synced by OneDrive for Business, or by another cloud storage client. When you save the presentation, one of the following problems may occur:
- The presentation becomes read-only and the save operation fails.
- Images are lost.
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all Versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2837653 - Last Review: May 14, 2014 - Revision: 1