Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To add the key to the registry, follow these steps:
- Open Registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
- Right-click on the Parameters key and then choose New.
- Select DWORD and give it a name of AllowBusTypeRAID.
- Once the key is created, give it a value of 0x01.
- Click on OK.
- Exit the Registry editor.
- Restart the computer.