Consider the following scenario:
- You have Master Data Services (MDS) for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 installed.
- You have the SQL Server 2012 MDS Add-in for Microsoft Excel installed.
- You open more than one workbook that is connected to MDS.
- On one of the workbooks, you try to click Show Explorer to display the Master Data Explorer pane.
How to obtain this updateMicrosoft Download Center
You can download the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Master Data Services Add-in For Microsoft Excel from the Microsoft Download Center:
- For the 64-bit version of Excel, download 1033\x64\MasterDataServicesExcelAddin.msi.
- For the 32-bit version of Excel, download 1033\x86\MasterDataServicesExcelAddin.msi.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to load data from MDS into Excel, go to the following MSDN website:
935897 An Incremental Servicing Model is available from the SQL Server team to deliver hotfixes for reported problemsFor more information about the naming schema for SQL Server updates, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
822499 Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packagesFor more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2840614 - Last Review: Aug 14, 2013 - Revision: 1