Consider the followng scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Message Queuing 6.0 on Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
- You try to use the Computer Management console or Message Queuing API functions to manage or use the Message Queuing service that is running on a remote computer.
STOP: 0x000000FC (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
- This Stop error message describes an ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY issue.
- The parameters in this Stop error message vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all "Stop 0x000000FC" errors are caused by this issue.
- This problem occurs only on a computer that is Supervisor Mode Execution Prevention (SMEP)-enabled.
This problem occurs when user mode code is run in kernel mode in Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.