What type of Microsoft .NET Framework security update package do I have?To determine which command-line switches a Microsoft .NET Framework security update package supports, use one of the following methods.
- Examine the file name for the update package.
- If the file name begins with "Windows…," the type of update package is Microsoft Update Standalone Package.
- If the file name begins with "NDP…," the type of update package is Application.
- Right-click the update package, and then click Properties.
- On the Details tab, examine the Value field for the Type property.
- The type of the installer package appears in the Value field. For example:
Command-line switches for update package types
Microsoft Update Standalone PackageMicrosoft .NET Framework update packages that are built for the Windows Update Standalone Installer (Wusa.exe) support the standard command-line switches for Windows update packages. For more information and a list of supported command-line switches, see Description of the Windows Update Standalone Installer in Windows .
ApplicationMicrosoft .NET Framework security update packages of the Application type support the switches that are described in the following table.
|/?||Displays help on supported switches.|
|/q||Quiet mode. No user input is required and no output is shown.|
|/norestart||If any of the updates requires a restart, do not prompt or cause a restart.|
|/uninstall||Uninstalls the security update.|
Article ID: 2844699 - Last Review: Oct 3, 2014 - Revision: 1