Consider the following scenario:
- You prepare to first use a new product that is running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
- During the Out of Box Experience (OOBE) configuration process, you change the following settings:
- You use an Unattend.xml file to change the DPI value to a value that is larger than 120.
- You change the regional settings.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update rollup 2845533. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2845533 Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 update rollup: June 2013Notes
- To resolve this issue, the OEM manufacturer must apply this update on the Windows installation image.
- This update applies to single-language and multilanguage versions of the Windows installation image.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates