Issues that this hotfix package fixes
- When you edit a post on a discussion board on a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 site that was created by an anonymous user, the page cannot be displayed, and a script error occurs.
- When more than one front-end server is set up to process incoming email messages on a SharePoint Server 2013 farm, only one of the servers can process email messages, and it cannot fail over to any other server.
- When you try to add a Web Part to a SharePoint Server 2013 community portal site, the Web Part picker is not displayed.
- Assume that you create a List workflow that uses the SharePoint 2013 Workflow platform type in SharePoint Designer 2013. In this situation, the workflow may set an incorrect user name in some list item fields.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You publish a content type from the content type hub.
- You change the order of the fields on a list which uses that content type by moving the fields that are used in the published content type.
- You republish the content type from the hub.
- When you create an alert on a post in a discussion board on a SharePoint Server 2013 site, you receive the following server error message: ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
- The presence icon appears incorrectly in the Contact Details Web Part on a SharePoint Server 2013 site.
- When you execute a query that contains FAST Query Language (FQL), you cannot highlight the result.
- When you edit a comment on a SharePoint Server 2013 blog site, the created by field on the edit form may be truncated.
- When you add more than one Content Query Web Part to a wiki page on a SharePoint Server 2013 site, the added Web Parts are not displayed on the wiki page.
- When a survey page is in edit mode in SharePoint Server 2013, the ribbon is not displayed.
- Rating fields such as Likes and Star Ratings are not available for list items that contain the Video content type in an Asset Library.
- Assume that you create a workbook that contains links to external workbooks that are not stored on your own computer. When you open the workbook, it takes longer than expected.
- Assume that you insert an Excel worksheet object that contains one or more ActiveX controls in run mode to another Office application. When you activate and deactivate the Excel object, Excel 2013 crashes.
- When you open a .pptx file and save that file as a .pdf file in PowerPoint Online, the size of the .pdf file is increased compared to in PowerPoint 2010.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
Note To install this hotfix, please follow the instructions here:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis hotfix package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix package contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issue that listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Wacserver-x-none.msp file information