Note To determine the version of Lync 2013, follow these steps:
- In Lync 2013, click the Options button.
- On the Help menu, click About Microsoft Lync.
Additionally, this update also resolves the following issues:
Note To resolve the following issues, after you install update 2850074, you must install the security update 2881013:
- Lync 2013 crashes in a large meeting that many users have joined. Additionally, you may receive the following error message:Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: lync.exe
Application Version: Version number
Application Timestamp: Value
Fault Module Name: UccApi.dll
Fault Module Version: Version number
Fault Module Timestamp: Value
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001195a7
OS Version: Version number
Locale ID: 1033
BUG #: 3429247 (Office15)
- Lync 2013 crashes in a meeting. This issue occurs when a meeting item is changing in the meeting list view model.
BUG #: 3429789 (Office15)
- 2968251 Update adds an upload notification when you upload PPT in a meeting in Lync 2013
- 2968248 Lync 2013 video quality is low when you scale up the size of the video window in UI suppression mode
- 2968239 "An error occurred" error when a Lync 2013 user joins a Lync Online meeting that is created by a non-federated user
- 2962986 Lync 2013 takes a long time to sign in after it is disconnected from a front-end server
- 2962982 Caller's display name is not in the toast notification when you receive a call in Lync 2013
- 2962980 Lync 2013 prompts you for Exchange credential in an Exchange deployed environment
How to obtain and install the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 32-bit Lynchelploc update package now.
Download the 64-bit Lynchelploc update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Article ID: 2850074 - Last Review: Jun 10, 2014 - Revision: 1