Note This update rollup is reoffered on July 12, 2013 to fix an issue. For more information about this issue, go to the Known issues that affect this update rollup section.
Issues that this update rollup fixes
- Resolves an issue that could cause SD cards to no longer be detected by Windows when the system transitions between different power states.
This update package also fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
2830615 $MyInvocation.MyCommand object is set to null when you run the script by using PowerShell 3.0 in Windows 8 or in Windows Server 2012
2850309 "0x000000C2" Stop error when you resume a computer from sleep mode or hibernation on a Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, or Windows RT-based computer
2847176 File system is recognized incorrectly after you extend a CSVSF volume on a Windows Server 2012-based cluster
2814849 Taskbar thumbnails don't show Lync 2013 message notifications in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
2850661 Multiple user groups including Remote Desktop Users are missing after you upgrade to Windows 8 Pro using the Pro Pack
2856702 Error message when you try to safely eject a USB hard disk drive in Windows Server 2012
2856667 Event ID 8249 is logged every 10 seconds when you try to recover files from a backup file by using Windows Server Backup in Windows Server 2012
2854362 Vmms.exe processes freeze on certain nodes in a Windows Server 2012-based Hyper-V failover cluster
2845653 "0x0000000A" Stop error when you perform a live migration of a virtual machine on a Windows Server 2012-based cluster
High CPU utilization by the Dllhost.exe process in Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012
Pitch is not maintained when you change the playback speed of an A-LAW compressed .wav file in Windows Media Player in Windows 8
Active Directory database becomes corrupted when a Windows Server 2012-based Hyper-V host server crashes
2849583 ICC color profiles do not apply to a printed image in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
2852483 Memory leak occurs in the Dwm.exe process on a Remote Desktop computer that is running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012
2856547 The Room Correction feature on the default audio playback device is disabled after you restart the Windows Audio service in Windows 8
"0x0000007E" Stop error when you try to shut down a Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012-based computer
2845318 Event ID 44 logged when remote users try to log on to a Windows Server 2012-based RD Session Host server
2838083 Touch Keyboard icon is not displayed on a Windows 8-based tablet
2812416 You cannot schedule a File Management task accurately in Windows Server 2008 R2 or in Windows Server 2012
2727972 Cluster node freezes when you restart a computer in a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 environment
2853579 "0x0000004E" Stop error when shadow copying fails on a computer that is running Windows Server 2012
- If you have a Windows Server 2012-based Hyper-V cluster that uses NIC Teaming with virtual LAN (VLAN), and you install this update rollup before July 12, 2013, you may receive an "0x000000D1" Stop error code when you perform a live migration of a virtual machine. For more information about this issue, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 2866029 "0x000000D1" Stop error when you perform a live migration of a virtual machine on a Windows Server 2012-based cluster
How to obtain the update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is installed automatically.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you install this update through Windows Update immediately.
Microsoft Download CenterYou can also obtain the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, go to the Microsoft Download Center, and then search for KB2855336.
Important If you use Microsoft Download Center to apply this update on Windows Server 2012, make sure you also download and install the .msu packages for KB 2862073 and KB 2864629.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
Article ID: 2855336 - Last Review: Oct 9, 2014 - Revision: 1