Method 1Run the following cmdlet to disable the Attachment Filter agent on the Edge Transport server:
Disable-TransportAgent -Identity "Attachment Filtering Agent"
Method 2Add a key to the Edgetransport.exe.config file to ignore certain invalid file type attachments on the Edge Transport server. To do this, follow these steps:
- Stop the Transport service.
- Locate the EdgeTransport.exe.config file. By default, this file is located along the following path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\
- Add the following key between the <appSettings> element and the </appSettings> element of the EdgeTransport.exe.config file:
<add key="AllowInvalidAttachment" value="true" />
- Restart the Transport service.
- Verify that this issue is resolved. To do this, send an email message together with an attachment that contains the affected file type. Make sure that this email message is processed correctly by using the updated Edge Transport server.
Article ID: 2855809 - Last Review: Jul 5, 2013 - Revision: 1