Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows 8-based computer that has a speaker and a microphone attached.
- You set the speaker as the default device, and you enable the Room Correction feature.
- You restart the computer. Or, you restart the Windows Audio service.
- You run a Windows Audio Session API (WASAPI) loopback recording application to start recording in loopback mode on the default device.
- You play an audio file in Windows Media Player.
This issue occurs because some variables are not initialized correctly when the system uses a WASAPI application to perform loopback recording on the default device.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update rollup 2855336. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2855336 Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 update rollup: July 2013
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about WASAPI, go to the following Microsoft website: For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates