- You start an application that monitors registry settings and identifies when registry entries are changed on a computer that is running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
- The application uses the ZwNotifyChangeKey routine in synchronous mode.
- You try to shut down the computer.
- This Stop error describes a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED issue.
- The parameters in this Stop error message vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all the "Stop 0x0000007E" errors are caused by this problem.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update rollup 2855336. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: