- You have a SharePoint Online list item with an attachment present.
- You have taken steps to configure SharePoint Online to open documents in the client application by using one or more of the following methods:
- You removed the Office Online license from the affected user account.
- You changed the list’s Opening Documents in the Browser setting in Advanced Settings to Open in the client application.
- Attachments for list items continue to open in the Internet browser.
- Click the gear icon to open Settings, and then click Site settings.
- Click Site collection features.
Note If the Site collection features option isn't present, you must first click Go to top level site settings.
- Locate the Open Documents in Client Applications by Default feature in the list, and then click Activate.