This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager Server. Additionally, this article contains the installation instructions for Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager Server.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Virtual Machine Manager Server Update (KB2861038)
Issue 1When VMWare vSphere 4.1 is updated, the Virtual Machine Manager Service may stop.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager Server
Download informationThe update package is available from Microsoft Update.
- To obtain and install the update from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a system that has the Virtual Machine Manager Server component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup 6 package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
- To manually download the update package from Microsoft Update Catalog, go to the following Microsoft website:
Virtual Machine Manager Server Update (KB2861038)Download the Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager Server package now.To manually install the update package, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:msiexec.exe /update <PackageName>For example, to install the Virtual Machine Manager Server Update (KB2861038), run the following command:msiexec.exe /update KB2861038_vmmServer_amd64.msp
Article ID: 2861038 - Last Review: Aug 8, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager