When you try to activate or sign in to Office Mobile on iPhone, available in the Apple iTunes store as "Office Mobile for Office 365 subscribers," or in Office Mobile on Android, available in the Google Play store as “Office Mobile for Office 365,” you receive the following error message:
The user name or password is incorrect or you don't have permissions.
This issue occurs if one of the following conditions is true:
- The Office 365 subscription with Office 365 ProPlus is expired.
- The user account is blocked from signing in.
- The user account is locked out.
- The correct user name and password isn't used.
- The password is a temporary password.
- The password is expired.
Article ID: 2861177 - Last Review: Dec 28, 2016 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Office Mobile for iPhone, Microsoft Office Mobile for Android