An update rollup is available for Internet Explorer for Windows CE 5.0. This update rollup resolves the security issues that are described in the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- 2792100 MS13-009: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: February 12, 2013
- 2817183 MS13-028: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: April 9, 2013
- 2744842 MS12-063: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: September 21, 2012
- 2722913 MS12-052: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: August 14, 2012
Software update informationA supported software update is now available from Microsoft as Windows CE 5.0 Monthly Update (June 2013). You can confirm this by scrolling to the "File information" section. The package file name contains the product version, date, Microsoft Knowledge Base article number, and processor type. The package file name uses the following format:
Product version-yymmdd-kbnnnnnn-processor typeFor example, Wincepb50-060503-kb917590-armv4i.msi is the ARMV4i Windows CE 5.0 Platform Builder fix that is documented in Knowledge Base article 917590 and that is contained in the May 2006 monthly update.
Note This Windows CE 5.0 Monthly Update is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis software update is supported only if all previous software updates for this product are installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- Method 1: On the Build OS menu, make sure that the following options are selected, and then click Sysgen:
- Clean Before Building
- Copy Files to Release Directory After Build
- Make Run-Time Image After Build
- Method 2: On the Build OS menu, click Open Release Directory. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:
blddemo clean -q
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2861289 - Last Review: Jul 9, 2013 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Windows CE 5.0