Features that are included and issues that are fixed in Service Pack 4
FeaturesForefront UAG 2010 SP4 includes the following features:
- Added client devices
- Windows 8.1
Forefront UAG 2010 SP4 supports Windows 8.1 client computers that use Internet Explorer 11 and Internet Explorer 11 on the desktop. Additionally, Forefront UAG 2010 SP4 also supports the following:
- Mail: Users can use the built-in Mail application on Windows 8.1 computers to connect to a published Microsoft Exchange server.
- Remote Desktop: Forefront UAG SP4 supports the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) 8.1 client.
- Windows 8.1
- Application publishing
Forefront UAG 2010 SP4 provides a tool (Export2tspub.exe) for publishing RemoteApp programs from a Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) on a server that is running Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
FixesForefront UAG 2010 SP4 includes the following fixes:
2909151 Trunk authentication fails when the global catalog server is unavailable in Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
2909168 The W3wp.exe process randomly stops and causes all sessions to disconnect in Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
2909182 "The URL contains an invalid path" error occurs when you try to access an Exchange 2013 OWA website
2909191 You cannot connect to corporate IPv4 resources by using DirectAccess after Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 Service Pack 3 is installed
2909350 A SSLVPN application that has the Socket Forwarding mode set to Disabled uses 100 percent of the CPU's time in Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
2909353 You have to authenticate again to the ADFS server when the published server is configured for single sign-on in Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
2909356 A detailed HTTP 403.14 error message occurs when you go to a specific InternalSite URL in a Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 environment
2909365 A memory leak in W3wp.exe occurs when Outlook Anywhere is published through a Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 trunk
2909367 Intermittent HTTP 500 error codes when you access a Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 portal
2909376 File uploads do not occur to SharePoint Server 2013 or OneDrive for Business through Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
2910407 An internal 500 error occurs if a custom URL logoff page is configured in Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
2910413 Multiple 4625 event IDs are logged when a user logs on in Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
2910467 Configuration activation fails on some servers in a large array in Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
2910498 A handle leak occurs in Lsass.exe in Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
2910506 An authentication prompt is received even though a user is successfully authenticated in Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
2910517 An incorrect domain password policy may be used if Active Directory integrated authentication is configured in Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
Additionally, this service pack includes fixes for some stability issues.
Service Pack informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
PrerequisitesTo install this service pack, you must have Rollup 1 for Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 Service Pack 3 installed.
- Forefront UAG 2010 SP4 is provided as a service pack update that can be installed on existing Forefront UAG servers. For more information, go to the following Microsoft TechNet website:
- If you run Forefront UAG 2010 in an array configuration, you must apply this update to each array member.
- Before you install Forefront UAG 2010 SP4, we recommend that you create a system restore point. You do not have to back up your existing Forefront UAG 2010 configuration because a backup is automatically created during the installation of Forefront UAG SP4.
- Before you install Forefront UAG 2010 SP4, we recommend that you read the release notes and the installation instructions. To do this, go to the following Microsoft TechNet websites:
- For more information about how to uninstall or roll back Forefront UAG 2010 SP4, go to the following Microsoft TechNet website:
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this service pack.
Article ID: 2861386 - Last Review: Feb 20, 2015 - Revision: 1