Note To determine the version of Lync 2013, follow these steps:
- In Lync 2013, click the Options button.
- On the Help menu, click About Microsoft Lync.
Issues that the update fixesThis cumulative update resolves the following issue:
- 2817430 Description of Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- 2825630 Description of the Lync 2013 update 15.0.4551.1005: November 7, 2013
- 2817465 MS13-054: Description of the security update for Lync 2013: July 9, 2013
- 2768004 Description of the Lync 2013 update 15.0.4481.1004: May 2013
- 2760556 Description of the Lync 2013 update 15.0.4481.1000: March 2013
- 2760512 Description of the Lync 2013 update: February 2013
Known issuesAfter you install this update, you may experience the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2898357 Screen readers cannot read aloud keystrokes during a Lync 2013 application or desktop sharing session in Windows
- 2932389 Persistent Chat file transfer fails between an external user and an internal user in Lync 2013
PrerequisitesTo install this Lync 2013 update, make sure that the following updates are installed.
|MSO (KB2727096)||Download the 32-bit MSO update package now.|
Download the 64-bit MSO update package now.
|MSORES (KB2817624)||Download the 32-bit MSORES update package now.|
Download the 64-bit MSORES update package now.
|IDCRL (KB2817626)||Download the 32-bit IDCRL update package now.|
Download the 64-bit IDCRL update package now.
|Lynchelp(KB2817678)||Download the 32-bit Lynchelp package now.|
Download the 64-bit Lynchelp package now.
- 2727096 Description of the Office 2013 update: August 13, 2013
- 2817624 Description of the Office 2013 update: September 10, 2013
- 2817626 Description of the Office 2013 update: September 10, 2013
How to obtain and install the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 32-bit Lyncloc update package now.
Download the 64-bit Lyncloc update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Article ID: 2863908 - Last Review: Apr 8, 2014 - Revision: 1