Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows 8-based computer that has a mobile broadband device installed.
- You have different SIM cards available to make an Internet connection.
- After you use one SIM card, you turn off the computer, insert a different SIM card, and then you restart the computer.
- You make an Internet connection.
- You click Settings on the Charms bar to view the name of the Internet service provider.
To work around this problem if you have an external mobile broadband device, unplug the device, and then plug in the device again. To work around this problem if you have an internal mobile broadband device, disable and enable the device from the Device Manager item in Control Panel.