This update is no longer available. To fix the issues that are described in this article, install the latest Microsoft Exchange Server update from the following Microsoft Docs article:
Microsoft provides download files only for N-2 versions for an Exchange Server cumulative update (CU), where "N" is the latest CU. The latest CU can be used to recover servers that are running Exchange Server. This includes servers that have a previous CU installed.
- The issues that the update rollup resolves.
- How to obtain the update rollup.
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup.
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 addresses the vulnerabilities that are described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-061 and resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2837926 Error message when you try to activate a passive copy of an Exchange Server 2010 SP3 database: "File check failed"
- 2841150 Cannot change a distribution group that contains more than 1,800 members by using ECP in OWA in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2844232 Outlook Web App crashes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2850143 Synchronization process fails when you use EAS to connect to a mailbox in Exchange Server 2010
- 2851419 Slow performance in some databases after Exchange Server 2010 is running continuously for at least 23 days
- 2853899 Only the first page of an S/MIME signed or encrypted message is printed by using OWA in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2854376 Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Service.exe process consumes excessive CPU on Client Access servers in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2854564 Messaging Records Management 2.0 policy can't be applied in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2855083 Public Folder contents are not replicated successfully from Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
- 2859596 Event ID 4999 when you use a disclaimer transport rule in an environment that has Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 installed
- 2860037 iOS devices cannot synchronize mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2861118 W3wp.exe process for the MSExchangeSyncAppPool application pool crashes in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 or SP3 environment
- 2863310 You cannot send an RTF email message that contains an embedded picture to an external recipient in an Exchange Server 2010 SP3 environment
- 2863473 Users cannot access Outlook mailboxes that connect to a Client Access server array in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2866913 Outlook prompts to send a response to an additional update even though the response request is disabled in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2870028 EdgeTransport.exe crashes when an email message without a sender address is sent to an Exchange Server 2010 Hub Transport server
- 2871758 EdgeTransport.exe process consumes excessive CPU resources on an Exchange Server 2010 Edge Transport server
- 2873477 All messages are stamped by MRM if a deletion tag in a retention policy is configured in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2882627 Transport agents are not loaded when you try to upgrade Exchange Server 2010
- 2882961 Using security groups to set calendar permissions does not work in resource forest in Exchange Server 2010
- 2883368 Events 10003 and 4999 are logged when EdgeTransport.exe crashes in Exchange Server 2010
- 2885036 "The wipe can’t be canceled on the device" error when you cancel the remote wipe for iOS devices in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2885038 Set-CalendarProcessing cmdlet does not add mailbox permissions to universal security groups in Exchange Server 2010
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.