- You configure an application that takes advantage of the Alternate Content Provider (ACP) to distribute packages in a Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 (SP1) site.
- You create a task sequence that includes an "Install Application" step.
- You include a single application in the step.
- You specify the following options, and then you deploy the task sequence:
- Download all content locally before starting task sequence
- When no local distribution point is available, use a remote distribution point
- Allow clients to use a fallback source location for content
- A client receives the policy for deployment, and then begins to process the task sequence according to schedule. Or, you click Install for the task sequence deployment in Software Center on the client.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have Cumulative Update 2 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 installed.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Note We recommend that you close Configuration Manager Administration Console before you apply this hotfix package.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
See Task sequence steps in Configuration Manager for information about the "Install Application" task sequence step.
See the terminology Microsoft uses to describe software updates .
Article ID: 2870742 - Last Review: Apr 26, 2017 - Revision: 2