Microsoft has released Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) that is dated August 13, 2013. This article describes the following information about the update rollup:
- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 addresses the vulnerabilities that are described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-061 and resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- 2852663 The last public folder database on Exchange 2007 cannot be removed after migrating to Exchange 2013
- 2688667 W3wp.exe consumes excessive CPU resources on Exchange Client Access servers when users open recurring calendar items in mailboxes by using OWA or EWS
Update rollup informationTo download and install Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3, go to the following Microsoft website:
Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 on clustered Exchange Server 2007 systems.
You may want to deploy Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2007. Or, you may want to deploy Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to clustered servers that are running Exchange Server 2007.
The update rollup is also available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
- Before you install this update, we recommend that you read the prerequisites, installation instructions, and known issues for the update. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Before you install an update rollup on clustered mailbox servers, we recommend that you go to the following Microsoft website:
- For more information about the Exchange Server 2007 servicing model, go to the following Microsoft website:
- This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 release to manufacturing (RTM), Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1), or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). The series of update rollup packages for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 are independent of the update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM, Exchange Server 2007 SP1, and Exchange Server 2007 SP2.
For a list of update rollups that apply to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, Exchange Server 2007 SP1, or Exchange Server 2007 SP2, go to the following Microsoft website:
Restart requirementServices that must be restarted after you apply this update rollup are restarted automatically.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3, go to Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. Then, remove update 2873746.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2873746 - Last Review: Aug 13, 2013 - Revision: 1
Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3, Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition, Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition