Consider the following scenario:
- You connect a Windows Embedded Compact 7-based device to the network, and you make sure that it has an IP address assigned.
- You run an application that establishes a socket connection to a server. For example, the application is a telnet client, and it sends data to a telnet server.
- You roam the device between multiple access points quickly.
Software update information
Download informationThe Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update (October 2013) is now available from Microsoft. To download this Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:
The kind of processor that each file applies to is visible in the name of each file in the "File information" section.
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2875178 - Last Review: Nov 12, 2013 - Revision: 1