Note This package should not be used if you intend to redistribute the .NET Framework 4.5.1. In that case, you should download the web installer from here.
- The .NET Framework 4.5.1
- The .NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack: Contains the reference assemblies needed to build apps that target the .NET Framework 4.5.1.
- The .NET Framework 4.5.1 Language Packs
- The .NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack Language Packs : Contains the IntelliSense files to display help while you are building apps that target the .NET Framework 4.5.1 through Visual Studio and third-party IDEs.
Download informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
What’s new in the .NET Framework 4.5.1?The .NET Framework 4.5.1 supports the writing of code in C#, Visual Basic, and F# programming languages, and includes these significant language and framework improvements:
- Better performance and reliability
- ASP.NET application suspend and resume
- On-demand compaction of the large object heap
- 64-bit Edit and Continue
- Activity tracing and sampling
- SQL connection resiliency
- Managed return values