Note This package should not be used if you intend to redistribute the .NET Framework 4.5.1. In that case, you should download the web installer from here.
- The .NET Framework 4.5.1
- The .NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack: Contains the reference assemblies needed to build apps that target the .NET Framework 4.5.1.
- The .NET Framework 4.5.1 Language Packs
- The .NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack Language Packs : Contains the IntelliSense files to display help while you are building apps that target the .NET Framework 4.5.1 through Visual Studio and third-party IDEs.
Download informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
What’s new in the .NET Framework 4.5.1?The .NET Framework 4.5.1 supports the writing of code in C#, Visual Basic, and F# programming languages, and includes these significant language and framework improvements:
- Better performance and reliability
- ASP.NET application suspend and resume
- On-demand compaction of the large object heap
- 64-bit Edit and Continue
- Activity tracing and sampling
- SQL connection resiliency
- Managed return values
Command-line options for this updateFor more information about the various command-line options that are supported by this update, go to the "Command-Line options" section of the following MSDN website:
Supported languages for this updateFor more information about the languages that are supported by this update, go to the "Supported Languages for Developer Pack" section of the following MSDN website:
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you install this software if any affected files are being used. We recommend that you close all applications that are using the .NET Framework before you apply this update.
Article ID: 2878632 - Last Review: Oct 18, 2013 - Revision: 1