The update in KB 3048692 applies to Outlook 2016 for Mac only. After you install this update, Outlook 2016 for Mac will be updated to version 15.11. Outlook 2016 for Mac version 15.10 and earlier versions and Outlook for Mac 2011 will continue to experience this issue. If you cannot upgrade Outlook 2016 for Mac to version 15.11, follow the steps in the workaround section to resolve this issue.
Step 1: Determine your primary SMTP addressTo obtain your primary SMTP address, you can contact your Exchange Server administrator. Or, use one of the following methods to locate the address yourself, depending on the program that you use.
For Outlook for Mac
- On the Home ribbon, open the address book search. To do this, use the appropriate method for your version of Outlook for Mac:
- In Outlook 2016 for Mac: Click Address Book.
- In Outlook for Mac 2011: Click Contacts Search.
- Locate your own name, and then open your own contact from the company directory.
- Click Details.
- Scroll down to view the Proxy Addresses list.
Note Your primary SMTP email address is the first address that is preceded by the uppercase "SMTP" label.
For Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Log on to https://outlook.office365.com by using your Exchange user name.
- Click your identity icon in the upper-right corner.
- Click About Me.
- In the Contact area, examine the Email field to locate your primary SMTP email address.
Step 2: Update the address settingAfter you determine your primary SMTP email address, update the address information in Outlook for Mac. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- Select the Exchange account that you want to change.
- In the E-mail address field, enter your primary SMTP email address.
- Close the Accounts dialog box.
Article ID: 2878894 - Last Review: Aug 10, 2015 - Revision: 1