This update provides the latest fixes for Office 2013. This update improves the round-trip behaviors of modern shapes into legacy shapes and back again between file formats of the 2007 Office system and Office 2003. It also includes stability and performance improvements. Please note that this update does not apply to Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
- Improves the support for high dots per inch (DPI) devices in which DPI is up to 250% in Microsoft Excel 2013.
- Assume that you have roaming user profiles enabled. When you open a file that was saved in Internet connected Office services, you receive the following error: Note You can follow these steps to work around this issue:Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor.
- In Windows 7, click Start and type regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search and type regedit in the search text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry entry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Internet\WebServiceCache\AllUsers\office15client.microsoft.com
- On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes.
- Exit registry editor.
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2880987 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB2880987 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all Versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2880987 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2