This update provides the latest fixes for Word 2013. It also includes stability and performance improvements. Please note that this update does not apply to Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
How to download and install the update
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and install from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2881080 for 32-bit version of Word 2013
- Download update KB2881080 for 64-bit version of Word 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Issue that the update resolves
- When you insert an RD field from the Quick Parts gallery to create a table of contents by using multiple documents in Word 2013, the application crashes.
How to determine if my Office installation is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Word 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all Versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website: