This update provides the latest fixes for Excel 2013. This update improves the round-trip behaviors of modern shapes into legacy shapes and back again between file formats of the 2007 Office system and Office 2003. It also includes stability and performance improvements. Please note that this update does not apply to Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
How to download and install the update
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and install from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2881085 for 32-bit version of Excel 2013
- Download update KB2881085 for 64-bit version of Excel 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Issues that the update resolves
- Improves the support for high dots per inch (DPI) devices in which DPI is up to 250% in Microsoft Excel 2013.
- Excel 2013 crashes. For example, Excel 2013 may crash when you perform the following operations:
- Preview an Excel Workbook through Windows Explorer.
- Switch to and from Page Layout view or split panes.
- Switch between chart sheets and worksheets.
- Copy and paste content across sheets.
- When you try to sort a range that includes data in the last 255 rows of the grid in Excel 2013, the sort action does not work as expected.
How to determine whether my Office installation is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start Excel 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all Versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website: