- This update is applied only to devices that have the English language pack installed as an input language and that have the touch keyboard enabled.
- This update is delivered only if you use the touch keyboard to type at least 50 words per day.
- This update is provided as an important update for Windows update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, the dictionaries are automatically updated.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, tap or click Check for updates to obtain the update.
How to obtain this updateThis update is available from Windows Update.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Preview on a touch-enabled computer that has the en-US language pack installed as an input language.
Registry informationTo use the update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 2881553 - Last Review: Sep 20, 2013 - Revision: 1