This article describes update KB2883051 for Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 that was released on August 12, 2014. This update also applies to Office Home and Student 2013 RT, which contains PowerPoint 2013. Please note that this update does not apply to Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
Improvements in this Update
MP4 (default): Use .mp4 for video and use .m4a for audio
WMV: Use .wmv for video and use .wma for audio
After you install this update, if you want to change the default audio format back to WMA, follow these steps:
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 7, click Start and type regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search and type regedit in the search text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\PowerPoint\Options\
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type MediaTargetFormat, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click MediaTargetFormat, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type WMV, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and install from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2883051 for 32-bit version of PowerPoint 2013
- Download update KB2883051 for 64-bit version of PowerPoint 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
How to determine if my Office installation is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start PowerPoint 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
Article ID: 2883051 - Last Review: Jun 15, 2017 - Revision: 3