This update includes stability and performance improvements. Please note that this update does not apply to Office 365 editions such as Office 365 Home.
Issues that the update resolves
- Assume that you enableand disable the ShowFieldCodes property in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in Word 2013. When you create a new word document, by default, the new document is zoomed to 10%.
- After you convert a Word 97-2003 document (*.doc) file to the latest file format in Word 2013, Word may add a page break to a floating table that aligns to the bottom of the page. Therefore the last row of the table may appear on the next page.
- When you open a document that contains a table as the first element in Word 2013, the indent markers on the ruler are invisible.
How to download and install the update
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2883058 for 32-bit version of Word 2013
- Download update KB2883058 for 64-bit version of Word 2013
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
How to determine whether my Office installation is Click-to-Run or MSI-based:
- Start Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all Versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website: