Consider the following scenario:
- You remove all ActiveSync mailbox policies including the Default ActiveSync mailbox policies in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- A user sets up a new ActiveSync connection between an Apple iOS device and one of the Exchange servers in the environment.
- The user signs in to Outlook Web App, clicks Options, and then selects See All Options to access the Exchange Control Panel (ECP) page.
- The user clicks the Block Device button under the Mobile Phones tab, and then clicks Yes in the Warning window. Then, the iOS device changes to the Wipe Pending status.
- You click the Unblock Device button for the iOS device in ECP.
The wipe can’t be canceled on the device: DeviceIdentifier.
This issue occurs because the Exchange ActiveSync service cannot detect whether iOS devices support remote wipe if no ActiveSync mailbox policies are applied on these devices.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policies, go to the following Microsoft website: